Sunday, August 7, 2011

Jhola Bags @ Jhola Co.


In my teens, I was attracted towards satchels, clutches, handbags, wallets, bohos, and messenger bags made especially of leather. I have 6-7 leather bags in my possession.
Now the fondness is fading fast.
Reason: My growing sensitivity towards green environment.
Tanning of leather involves harsh chemicals which badly pollutes air and water. The toxic fumes from the tanneries are wrecking havoc with public health too. Read a report here.

Now I am liking colorful bags made from natural bio-degradable fiber or recycled materials. I am preferring pumpkin and jhola bags. They are so simple, spacious yet always makes a signature style statement. Especially jhola bags makes me feel younger and peppy. I can team them with versalite daily wear. They are never misfit with either office wear or a casual wear. One needs to carry a jhola bag with an attitude.

I am wondering to team up my Jhola Bag as follows:
  • Regular Patiala Salwar+ Short Kurti + Jhola Bag
  • Dhobi Pant + Short Kurt / V-necked tops+Jhola Bag
  • Long flowing Skirts+Short-sleeved V-necked top +Jhola Bag
What do you think about the combination?

I will pick my first Jhola Bag from Jhola Co. Awesome prints in bright hues. I have already started loving the brand. You can order online here.


6 comments:

  1. Hey S,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    So nice of you to review so many desi stores, here in your blog.
    I am glad you liked my clothing range.
    You may write a post about my stuff.
    Do let me know the link, after your post.
    Bhushavali - Contemporary Ethnic Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mitr Friend - Bhushavali

    Thank you for you prompt reply. I would write a review soon. Do you offer customize clothing range ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best thing about Jhola Bags is that they can be teamed up with both Indian as well as western outfits. I personally love Dhobi Pant + Short Kurt / V-necked tops+Jhola Bag. I visited your page and have to say that the jholas are lovely. Even I make my own Jholas and your collections really fascinated me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post S, A simple useful and quirky blog ! I must say we have a very similar taste. I am a big jhola fan too. If u r in delhi, then there is one shop in Janpath best to buy such and paharganj is a boho wonderland for bags n jholas, BTW Jhola. Co makes so awesome stuff too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your loved ones bring you the meaning of life to you . All on a sudden the ambience of your loved ones turn beautiful like never before . Gifts symbolize your affection and passion for them
    Navaratri Return Gifts Online | Wedding Return Gifts Chennai

    ReplyDelete